Saturday, March 21, 2009

March Update

I was about 5 days behind SNE pace when I returned from Boston last week. As of right now, I'm at 207,416 VPPS and I'm supposed to be at 219,178 by the end of today. I will likely end the day around 210K which means I'll be about 3 1/2 days behind pace. I don't have any trips planned until the middle of next month so I'm planning on playing as much as possible these next 3-4 weeks and anticipate that I can get ahead of pace.

March has been a tough month so far. I feel like I'm playing the worst poker I've played all year. I've really lacked concentration when playing and have even had trouble following the action at different points. I've also found myself falling into a pattern of predictability where I'm sort of playing on auto-pilot without really thinking through each decision. I think many of the regulars have made adjustments to my style as well. To top it all off, the games have been tougher on average than any other time this year. A lot of good 30-60 and 50-100 players have been dropping down to play 15-30.

So my plan is to make some adjustments to my game in response to some of the regulars. Mostly I just want to add more unpredictably to my game. I have some good ideas on how to do this so I'm looking forward to the rest of the month to see how it works out.

In terms of big bets this month, I'm up 350 after about 37K Hands. I had that one unbelievable day where I won 330 big bets but other than that I've basically broken even. In fact, after that day I went on about a 340 big bet down swing. I've won back about 200 big bets the past day and a half but am still pretty far off my highs of the year.

I may do a blog one of these days on how to avoid falling into the trap of being predictable. I have selfish reasons for it, mostly I want some concrete thoughts in writing that I can look at if I feel myself falling into that trap.


For now I'm off to play....

No comments:

Post a Comment