Saturday, July 4, 2009

Quick Day 1 Update

I ended with 25,500 heading into day 2. Although I'm below average, I still have plenty of chips in relation to the blinds so I feel pretty good.

I was up to about 60K in chips during level 3 and then lost a bunch of small pots that brought me down to 45K or so. In the middle of level 4, I took a pretty brutal beat in a 45K chip pot that sent me down to 17K or so. From there I dropped down to 12K before doubling up to 25K and that's where I ended.

Here's the Poker News report of the hand where I lost most of my chips:


Pirone Cops an Ugly River

On a flop of {4-Hearts}{7-Clubs}{6-Diamonds} the player in the small blind led for 1,500 before Florian Manz tossed out a single 5,000-denomination chip from the big blind with the intention to raise, but he was ruled as just a call.

Play was then with Tony Pirone who popped it up to 10,000 to go. The small blind folded but Manz moved all in. Pirone shrugged and made the call.

Pirone: {3-Clubs}{5-Clubs}
Manz: {4-Spades}{6-Spades}

The turn bricked the {8-Clubs} but the poker Gods entertained us with the {6-Hearts} falling on the river to give Manz a full house to snatch victory in the pot. He survives and more than doubles to 42,000 with Pirone unlucky to be back to 18,000.

I'll try to blog in more detail tomorrow about some of the hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment