Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Nearing 200K Hands

I've now played 195,000 hands on the year or about 1.4 hands per every minute of 2009. I've narrowed the VPP gap to about 3500 (I have 261K now). So, I'm only about a day and a half behind as of writing this. However, I'm flying to Boston this weekend for Easter, Vegas in two weeks, and then Jamaica for seven days at the end of May for my birthday. So I anticipate a struggle to keep pace in the next couple months but I'll make sure I don't get too far behind.

Overall, I'm very happy with how the year has gone. I had a stretch last month where I didn't play too well but on a whole I think I've played extremely well. I attribute this to sleeping well, eating well (thank you Jamena), and taking care of myself. By taking care of myself I mean exercising, rarely drinking, and trying to get out of the house to keep myself balanced (I do occasionally leave my house, contrary to popular belief)

The past 100K hands were even better than the first 100K. I ended up winning close to 1500 big bets compared with 1020 over the first 100K. I survived my biggest downswing of the year (530 big bets) . I played a lot more 30-60, especially over the past few weeks, with a lot of success. I've run pretty poorly overall at 30-60 (See W$SD stat) but lately have run well - these things seem to always have a way of evening out over the long run. I'm still being very selective with the 30-60 games I play and that's the plan for the next month or so. If things continue to go well, then I might consider the 50-100 games but that's still a few months away.








No comments:

Post a Comment